CBL Global Foods Limited,Colombo Road, Alawwa
October 2017 – Present
- Perform microbiological testing (sterility, total viable count, and pathogen testing) for raw materials,in-process materials, and ﬁnish goods.
- Carrying out routine tasks such as preparing standard solutions and culture media, serial dilutions, pour plate, spread plate, membrane ﬁfiltration, streaking plates, reading tubes and plates, and identifying typical colonies (gram staining and identiﬁcation tests).
- Examine physiological, morphological, growth, and cultural characteristics of microorganisms found in specimens collected from humans, protective clothing, or the environment.
- Inspecting food and drink manufacturing processes to check for possible contamination. Designing sampling protocols for ﬁfinished goods. Carrying out Sterility trials and aseptic line validations (including Tetra Pak machine, Bag in Box machine, and UHT), prepare lab reports, and present ﬁndings at operation meetings and technical meetings with Tetra Pak and GEA.
- Researching on using microorganisms in food manufacturing and new product development. 1.Developed Nata – De CoCo using coconut water and conducted microbiological and molecular biological studies to identify Acetobacter Xylinum from Pineapple peel 2. Developed a coconut yoghurt with Lactobacillus bulgaricus extracted from milk.
- Instructing and supervising the microbiology technicians and trainees and evaluate the accuracy of their results.
- Analyze data and conduct trend analysis, preparing test reports and analysis reports.
- Calibrates, troubleshoots, and operates all laboratory equipment.
- Conduct site audits of food preparation, sanitation GMP and, HACCP standards.
- Plan owns activities on a weekly basis in accordance with established schedules and in accordance with group objectives and priorities.
- Intermediate practical knowledge of manufacturing processes & operations of UHT treated coconut milk and coconut water in Tetra Pak and bulk packaging (BIB).
- Working knowledge of food safety standards and Quality system standards including, BRC, IFS, ISO 22000, ISO 14001, ISO17025, microbiological methodology and practices, GAP, GMP, HACCP, environmental monitoring program, and preventive control programs.
Medical Laboratory Technician
Lanka Hospitals Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd, Colombo, Sri Lanka
August 2015 – May 2017
- Performs a variety of microbiological procedures in order to cultivate, isolate and identify
- microorganisms in skin scrapings, exudates, body ﬂuids,body swabs and surgical specimens.
- Conducts routine and specialized microbiological procedures, including virological,mycological, bacteriological, and parasitological assays for use in diagnosing disease.
- provides physician with information for treatment of patient infection by performing technical procedures for the identiﬁcation or susceptibility of bacteria, parasites, fungi, and mycobacteria.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Determine blood type for transfusions.
- Performance various types of serological assays for the detection and conﬁrmation of disease.
- Performs specimen storage, retrieval, inventory, and disposal activities.
- Operates, cleans, and maintains laboratory equipment used in microbiological analysis and procedures.