Dr. RAHILA YAKOOB (Microbiologist)
QMS and Internal Audit: ISO 15189: 2012
Certified Medical Coder CPC | HACCP Level 3 Certified
+971 56 359 9145 | email@example.com | linkedin.com/in/drahilayakoob
Microbiologist with comprehensive knowledge in quality control and food safety having ability to gather information, analyze data, and to provide appropriate recommendations. Possess professional knowledge in research lab work with strong commitment.
Ph.D: Karpagam Academy of Higher Education, Coimbatore (2022)
MSc. Medical Microbiology: Manipal University, Kasturba Medical College (2017) BSc. : Kannur University (2015)
HACCP (Level 3): for Food Manufacturing – Highfields Qualifications (2021) CPC (Certified Professional Coder) – AAPC, USA, 2021
Laboratory Quality Management Systems and Internal Audit as per ISO 15189 : 2012 – Medical Education & Learning Point, New Delhi (2017)
Fundamentals in Virological Techniques – Manipal Centre for Virus Research, Manipal University (2016)
Medical Bacteriology (Phase IV) – Microbiology Society, India and Western Rio Janeiro State University, Brazil (2021)
Break the Chain of COVID 19 Infection – The Muhammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates ( 2020)
Defeat COVID-19 Be a Champion – Gulf Medical University, United Arab Emirates (2020)
COVID-19 Tackling the Novel Coronavirus – London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (2020)
Karpagam Academy of Higher Education (Coimbatore, India)
(Ph.D in Microbiology) (2018-2022)
Research Area: Study was to isolate and characterize the probiotic strain Bifidobacterium species from raw cow milk sample for the fermentation of soymilk, production of bioactive compounds (aglycones), as well as to study its antioxidative and anti-angiogenesis effect.
• Role of probiotics in controlling respiratory tract infection – (2022) – Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology, under review.
• Production, and characterization of isoflavone – (2021) – International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research.
• Bifidobacterium sp as probiotic Agents – Roles and Applications – (2019) – Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology.
• Bacterial Assisted Bioremediation of Crude Oil Contaminated Environment Using Pseudomonas sp: A Review – (2020) – Bulletin of Environment, Pharmacology and Life Sciences.
• Potential Wound healing activity of Bornane dominating fraction extracted from Aspergillus terreus (2020) Bulletin of Environment, Pharmacology & Life Sciences.
• Comparison of direct antibiotic susceptibility testing with standard testing in blood cultures. (2018). Journal of Pure and applied microbiology.
Appollo Diagnostics (Kerala, India)
(Laboratory Technician) (Sep 2017 to Oct 2019)
• Receiving and treating test samples in the Lab in compliance with the SOP including information output, sample data sorting and Treatment Assay.
• Compilation and interpretation of the experimental and analytical results, discussion with Lab Manager and preparation of summary detection reports.
• Calibration of Lab equipment per SOP to enhance Internal Quality Controls.
• Maintaining and upholding the Lab safety measures.
KEY PRESENTATIONS & PROJECTS
Production and Characterization of Isoflavones -National Conference on Espials of Biomolecules held at Karpagam College (KAHE), Coimbatore, February 2020.
Fermentation of soymilk using Bifidobacterium isolates for the production of Aglycones -International conference held at KAHE, Coimbatore, January 2019.
Bifidobacterium sp as probiotic Agents; Roles and Application, National Conference held at Centre for Bioscience and Nanoscience Research at Coimbatore, August 2019.
Enterically transmitted hepatitis – cause of concern (Project), Manipal University, Mangalore, June 2017
Comparison of direct antibiotic testing with standard testing in blood cultures
(Project), Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, March 2017.
Address : Rahila Yakoob, Al Nahda 2, Dubai, UAE Date of Birth : 20th January 1994
1. Dr. BV Pradeep, Deputy Registrar/Professor, KAHE, Coimbatore.
2. Dr. P Suresh, Research Director, KAHE, Coimbatore.
3. Dr. GK Bhatt, Dept of Microbiology, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.
4. Eldho Paulose, Director of Appollo Diagnostics, Kerala
Karpagam academy of higher education
- 2018 to 2022 Phd in microbiology
- 2017 to 2019 Laboratory technician