Sterile Processing Technician with 6+ years in surgical medical and laboratory environments. Possesses high attention to detail and operational compliance. Adept in sterile tray assembly workflow efficiency and productivity monitoring. Seeking a Sterile Processing Technician position at a surgical facility where one may expand the knowledge and skills of the surgical world and grow to be accomplished.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
➢ Good judgment
➢ Critical-thinking skills.
➢ Instrument identification,
➢ Clinical and documentation skills
➢ Decontamination skills
➢ Assembly and Preparation
➢ Steam Sterilization
➢ Workflow Efficiency
➢ OR Sterile Techniques
➢ Sterile Processing
➢ Technician certification
➢ BLS certification
➢ Patient oriented
➢ Great interpersonal skills
➢ Excellent communication
➢ skills (written and verbal
➢ Strong attention to detail
➢ Highly organized
➢ Experience in CPD
UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER MEDICAL CENTER, ROCHESTER NEW YORK
• Track and document medical/surgical supplies and cleaning solutions used for inventory management.
• Accountable for stock rotation using FIFO methodology.
• Sort mismatched sets of trays instruments and medical equipment.
• Monitor biological and chemical wash solutions in decontaminating medical equipment and instruments.
• Used CensiTrac tracking system.
• 90-120 surgeries daily
• Reports instrument/equipment malfunction to SPD shift leader
• Takes responsibility, along with shift leader or coordinator, for ensuring that loaner sets are available and sterile as required
• Report discrepancies, problems and concerns to management using proper chain of command
• Demonstrates all computer applications accurately
• Consistently follows Instrument Tracking system procedures for set/tray assembly
• Consistently follows OR Preference card system procedures for preference/pick ticket lists
• Identifies, assembles and disassembles all instrument sets and trays with strict attention to detail
• Demonstrates proficiency in all functions relating to the reprocessing of endoscopes
• Accurately assembles case carts, daily supply carts and room supply carts ensuring that all items used have been charged out
BASSET MEDICAL CENTER, COOPERSTOWN NEW YORK
• Decontaminated and sterilized medical supplies equipment and instruments.
• Assembled and wrapped trays of sterilized instruments for medical procedures.
• Held responsibility for handling recalls for vendor medical/surgical supplies and equipment.
• Regulated decontamination equipment such as sonic sterilizer and decontamination.
• Document Equipment Data
• Workflow Efficiency
• OR Sterile Techniques
• Surgery Case Carts
• Sterile Field Supplies
MAINE MEDICAL CENTER, TRAUMA 1, PORTLAND MAINE.
• SPM SYSTEM.
• Received, cleaned, and disinfected soiled instruments
• 60-80 surgeries a day.
• STAT trays and Vendor trays.
• lubed and dried instruments
• Inspected all instruments individually.
• Prepared a tray with all necessities.
• Wrapped or placed in boxes inspected
• fully strung instruments.
• peel pouched separates.
• Stored in the storage area based on location on SPM tracking. System
CAREPOINT HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP, CHRIST HOSPITAL, JERSEY CITY NEW JERSEY.
• Cleaning, and decontamination of all surgical
• Operated and serviced several high-level disinfecting ultrasonic washers,
• Distributes operating room
• Submitted work requests,
• Maintained equipment records.
• Assembled, documented
• Negotiated with vendors
• Identified cost savings
• Eliminating obsolete items
• Utilizing all available contracts
• Coordinated the purchase of all capital equipment
• Biomedical checks Sterilized
• Managed computerized inventory system (PYXIS)
• Operating and monitoring steam autoclaves,
• Manage Outside orders and inside order stock at storeroom.
HACKENSACK HIGH SCHOOL, HACKENSACK NEW JERSEY, GED
BERKELEY COLLEGE, CLIFTON NEW JERSEY, STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICAN DEGREE