Address: 8 Pinewood Close, Newhall, Harlow CM17 9BA (DUBAI FROM SEPTEMBER 2022)
Mobile: +44 7538925386
LinkedIn Profile: http://linkedin.com/in/martin-mooney-1a045792
Motivated, organised, committed, problem solver and detail-oriented professional, educated to BEng (Hons) level, offering a broad skill set in Mechanical Engineering. Focused on delivering exceptional client support, armed with the ability to provide initiative to complex issues within any assignments. Possesses thorough knowledge of best practice, with a keen desire to expand on engineering principles. Recognised by peers and management throughout career to date for utilising exceptional technical and analytical skills. Able to meet demanding deadlines under high levels of pressure and organise workloads.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERTISE
• Project Management – Creates a personal, collaborative approach towards project management with active participation of all internal and external stakeholders. Can support the delivery of successful and sustainable change and transformation by owning and maintaining project / programme and the coordination and quality of the transformation plan.
• Best Practice – Has full comprehension of legal and compliance obligations within the design industry. Demonstrable experience in adhering to design engineering guidelines and utilises any opportunity to build on knowledge within the engineering sector.
• Business Acumen – Keen interest and understanding in the principles surrounding business performance from a financial and client perspective. Solid capability in understanding business demands and objectives.
• Problem solving and planning – Innovative and proactive planner with astute problem-solving skills. Able to successfully analyse and formulate solutions and initiatives to overcome common and exceptional design engineering issues.
• Team Working – Effectively able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative. Possesses a hands-on approach, enjoys being part of a strong team and being able to contribute knowledge and experience to colleagues.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills – Commands exceptional people and relationship management skills. Has a methodical approach and able to clearly present findings to clients, peers and management.
• Organisation – Astute organiser, able to plan workload and prioritise tasks where necessary to support objectives. Able to remain calm under pressure, ensuring tasks are completed to deadline.
• IT / Technical – Possesses excellent computing and Internet skills and displays excellent computer literacy whilst learning new systems. Proficient in the use of computer-aided design (CAD) software. Also skilled in Microsoft Word, Word Excel and Outlook.
• CAD Packages – AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Naviswork Manager, CATIA V5
• Marketing – Creating a marketing campaign to secure more clients for the business.
The Water Services Group, Harlow, Essex – Project Manager / Operations Manager (Jun 2019 – to present)
• Liaising with clients by taking briefs, job specifications and adhering to all their needs
• Management of on-going projects
• Planning and attending site visits
• Management of health and safety
• Hiring and purchasing of equipment
• Management of equipment (check-out and check-in & quarantine)
• Managing fleet transport (FORS)
• Managing company’s social media accounts
• Overall responsibility for the quality system
• Update, amend and approve quality documentation
• Interface with external accreditation bodies
• Interface with quality consultants
• Resourcing and inducting new members of staff
• Ensuring all staff certificates are up to date
• Managing all employee training for current and new recruits while also offering continuous advice, guidance and mentorship on duties and best practices
• Evaluating survey footage and completing a detailed survey report to send to clients
• Making sure all company equipment is safe to use by getting the correct checks completed on them
• Organising specialist contractors to carry out work on projects
• Achieving FORS Bronze accreditation for the company within the first three months
• Assisting in creating a new Quality Management System (QMS)
• Achieving ISO 9001 2015 status for the company
• Creating a company calendar to organise the company’s day to day activities for all staff members to see, from assuring jobs do not clash with each other to keeping all equipment safe and ready for use
• Achieving FORS Bronze accreditation for the company for the second year running
• Resourcing more clients for the business after creating a marketing campaign
JEROME ENGINEERING, Grays, Essex – CAD Design Engineer / Document Controller (Feb 2018 – to Jun 2019)
• Preparing QA documentation
• Modifying Bills of Materials (BOM’S) to suite various projects
• Producing weld maps
• Producing piping, plant room/plant layout and heater vessel design drawings for building services, retail, commercial, residential sites and the oil and gas industry using MEP AUTO CAD and Navisworks manager.
• Producing data dossiers for all projects which would include material certificates, material lists, weld maps, design drawings.
• Supporting the customer’s needs.
• Purchasing office and workshop equipment and materials
• Creating and updating the matrix for employee certificates and qualifications.
• Collating all material test certs for steel and stainless-steel pipe work to ensure they meet the client’s specifications
• Completed the tasks necessary for the BSI audit so the company’s quality manual could be renewed to the new standard of ISO 9001 2015
• Assisted in obtaining the new ASME certificate for the company to work on heater vessels and various other projects in the oil and gas industry
• Resourced a new company to perform a specific procedure for an outstanding project
• Also resourced new companies to renew various health and safety certificates
SUEZ, Upminster, Essex – Document controller / CAD technician (Oct 2017-Feb 2018)
• Write up and check Legionella Risk Assessment Documents and Inspection Reports from the surveyors’ notes/observations and records stored in our on-line database
• Produce/update CAD Schematic Diagrams
• Check and confirm the accuracy and consistency of all documents and records across the Reports, Schematic Diagrams, database records and notes; a keen eye for detail is therefore essential
• Assist with audits
• Assisting client’s queries
• Creating spread sheets on Word Excel for purchase orders
• Creating costing schedules for the replacing of cold-water storage tanks
• Excelling in daily targets of writing and producing Legionella Risk Assessment Documents and their CAD schematic diagrams
• Increased profit for the company by finding overdue or erroneous tasks in the company’s data base and re issuing the jobs
DH Industries Ltd, Laindon, Essex – Equipment Assembly Technician (Aug 2014 – Sep 2017)
• Assembling enclosures for pharmaceutical assembly lines, whilst undertaking first point of contact role for the construction process of every project.
• Cut and prepare all aluminium sheet metal for panelling of the machinery’s enclosure
• Consistently meeting design engineer’s requirements and deadlines, improving ability to work within deadline driven environments.
• Excelled in role, which led to being given the opportunity to become head of department after first six months within the organisation.
AC Appointments, Bishop’s, Stortford, Hertfordshire -Off Loader / Package Sorter (Stanstead Airport) (May 2013 – Aug 2014)
• Offloaded aircraft containers, scanned & sorted parcels into correct areas, x-rayed export parcels and conducted relevant checks.
Thurston Engineering, Ongar, Essex – Engineering Assistant (Jul 2007 – Aug 2007)
• Assisted engineers with requested tasks, which involved; interacting with customers via telephone and maintaining up to date records of database held, undertaking first point of contact role for customers coming into the workshop and taking their details and relaying problems to engineers.
• Conducted basic engineering activities, such as; bead blasting, also carried out various other duties, which included; maintaining workshop, sweeping and organising parts.
• Developed positive relationships with new and existing customers, significantly improving customer retention and satisfaction levels.
First Call Employment Agency, Pitsea, Essex – Kitchen Porter / Catering (Eurest Catering) (May 2010 – Aug 2014)
The Shepherd Pub, Brentwood, Essex – Barman (Jan 2009 – Aug 2009)
Marshall Aerospace, Cambridge – Aircraft Electrical Designer (Apprenticeship)(Sep 2009 – May 2010)
• Completed a hand skills training course, which involved; filling, cutting, and shaping various aircraft metal and materials, also performed advanced duties, such as; drilling, using lathe machine as well as riveting and using metal bending machines.
• Conducted electrical duties, which included; creating wire looms, also worked in various departments to complete design duties, most notably in the testing area, where duties involved; using various simulators to see how aircraft parts would react in flight conditions, also worked in the design office to analyse engineering (electrical & mechanical) drawings and asserted investigations to see whether specific editing and improvements could be made to drawings.
• Successfully passed an entry test and two stages of interviews, which led to being selected as an apprentice out of hundreds of candidates for position of ‘Aircraft Electrical Designer’.
• Acquired knowledge on various facets of aircraft electrical design, developing electrical and design engineering skills.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
COSHH Assessor Training Course – Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulation 2002 (May 2020)
FORS – Car and Van Fleet Management Essentials (Feb 2020)
BEng (Hons): Mechanical Engineering (2:2) – Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford (Sep 2010 – Jun 2013)
HND: Engineering (Double Grade: Pass, Pass) – Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, (Sep 2010 – Jun 2013)
BTEC National Certificate: Aerospace Engineering (Double Grade: Distinction, Distinction) –
Bedford College, Bedford (Sep 2009 – May 2010)
BTEC National Diploma: Manufacturing Engineering (Triple Grade: Distinction, Distinction, Merit) -Chelmsford College, Chelmsford (Sep 2007 – Jun 2009)
10 GCSEs: Including Mathematics (B), English Language (B), English Literature (C), Dual Science (C/C) & Information Technology (B) – The Campion School, Hornchurch (Sep 2002 – Jun 2007)
AWARDS & HONORS
• Attendance rate at The Campion School, Year 11 2006 – 2007 (100%)
• Attained Key Skills Level 2 certificate in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST