Dr Somrita Ganguly| BDS| MHA
57/2, Nil Ratan Mukherjee road, Howrah, West Bengal- 711102|+91 9038385609|Somrita.email@example.com
Medical professional trained in Hospital Administration working as the Assistant Medical Superintendent in a reputed NABH accredited hospital in Kolkata, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, adept in handling hospital operations as well as ensuring delivery of quality service, having 8 years + corporate experience, with excellent team management and leadership skills.
1. Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Kolkata (NH, Kolkata): Dec’21- till date
Currently working here as the Assistant Medical superintendent.
2. Fortis hospital, Kolkata: (Sept’18- Dec’21)
Worked here as an Assistant Manager in the department of Medical Administration. My job responsibilities include managing a team of 100+ resident doctors, handling their roster and attendance, operational issues, day to day coordination etc. I’m also handling a team of paramedics in the departments of Emergency, Pulmonology, Bronchoscopy and Endoscopy. Have experience in handling Dialysis, Cath lab, Non Invasive Cardiology and medical transcription departments as the administrative head. Experienced in conducting Medical Boards, regular monitoring and data analysis of clinical outcomes processes and clinical pathways like STEMI and FAST. Responsible for handling any major or minor issues/ patient complaints related to my departments and providing suitable resolution of the same. Have experience in handling NABH/ internal audits/ Third party Audits. Have been involved in multiple Quality improvement projects for my hospital.
3. Dentsply Sirona: (Mar’17-Sept’ 18)
Worked here as Professional Product Specialist for East India. I was the technical specialist for the entire product portfolio of the company ranging from dental consumables to high end dental equipment like soft tissue lasers, CAD- CAM and imaging equipment. Was also responsible for conducting clinical education programs, often in the capacity of a speaker. Had conducted numerous laser training and demonstration sessions across India, in many dental colleges, private clinics and clinic chains, on patients. Had conducted training sessions for sales teams in Bangladesh and Nepal also, apart from the teams in India. Had been selected for and sent to Constanz, Germany for an advanced training on Restorative Dentistry at De Trey in June 2018.
4. ClearPath Healthcare: (Oct’14 – Mar’17)
Worked here as a Product Specialist cum Area Business Manager for eastern India. Was responsible for the brand development, promotion as well as for the technical support to all clinicians. Also conducted numerous clinical education programs across east India.
5. O’ Care Dental Clinic: (Sept’13 – Oct’14)
Worked here as a consultant dental surgeon, managed the clinic independently, performed all common dental procedures like scaling, extraction, RCT etc.
1. Project on STEMI as a clinical pathway- 1.5 year long project on real time process improvement and had presented it in the CAHO quality conference which was selected for the finals.
2. Project One Fortis- Updated Hospital information system, was the SPOC for the clinical module. The project has gone live in December 2019 and is running successfully.
3. Was on the panel of examiners for Qualtech Awards 2020.
1. Rotary Endodontics
2. Componeer technology
3. Dale Carnegie Leadership Training (2018)
4. Advanced Restorative Dentistry Training at DeTrey, Germany (2018)
5. Service Excellence Training (Fortis Hospital)
6. Supervisory Skills training (Fortis Hospital)
7. Workshop on Adverse Drug Reaction and reporting by Indian Pharmacopoeia Association (NABH)
8. Program on Implementation of NABH 5th edition standards in Hospital- By NABH in Nov 2021 (NABH)
MHA (Masters in Hospital administration)- 2020-2022
BDS [Graduation]- 2007-2012
Name of Institution/BOARD/University
Methodist School /CICSE
Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Science and Research(WBUHS)
NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata, MAKAUT
· Medical Administration and hospital operations.
· Training and Development
· Medical quality
· Organizing Clinical education programs
· Excellent Communication Skills [written and verbal]
· Well versed in MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.