Stantec Dubai is currently seeking a Senior Regional Accountant to join our team in Dubai.
Key Tasks and Duties include:
• Booking expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries and chasing for approvals.
• Payment of vendors, scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
• Receiving, verifying, and Booking employee expense reports.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Preparing monthly Cash flows
• Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
• Reports VAT by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
• Attending Vendor calls and resolving queries.
• Assisting in the Internal and External Audit Process.
• Manage full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role eg. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting, etc
• Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
• Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
• Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring, and controls.
• Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to HQ.
• Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries
• Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting, and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances, and cost analysis.
• Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
• Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the set up.
• Support CFO in ensuring that intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy
• Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns
• Accounts Payable specialist – good understanding of FX Revaluations
• Navision Experience an advantage
• Experience with reviewing expense claims and posting.
• Accounts receivable expert – Dealt with contractors/Government organizations
• Advanced Excel User
• Senior Management reporting experience would be a plus.
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Quick Learner
• Has demonstrated working under pressure in a previous roles.
• Bachelors degree from an internally recognized university
• Minimum 5-10 years of work experience in finance
• Internationally recognized accreditation is preferred
About Stantec Inc
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success. Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place, and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.