Stantec Dubai is currently seeking a Project Manager to support a construction supervision project on FEWA involving water pipelines, RO plants, and water reservoirs.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
Oversee investigations, concept, and detailed designs for civil/ water/ wastewater infrastructure
• Review data collection and analysis for conceptual planning and design, prepare design drawings and specifications and solve design problems as required.
• Review field investigations to collect design information.
Manage the preparation of technical specifications, tendering, and contract administration.
• Engineering analysis, technical writing, design calculations, specifications, and drawings on projects
• Manage project activities through the application of technical engineering planning, principles and techniques
• Review project deliverables including writing technical reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
• Determine budgets, timelines, and cost estimates for project design and construction.
Collaboration and working as part of a team.
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and projects.
• Good communicator.
Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
Other duties as requested from time to time by the Principal Civil Engineer.
• Minimum B.Sc. Civil Engineering or equivalent
• Chartered (CEng, PE, or equivalent) is an advantage.
• 20+ years of experience
• Experience with water infrastructure, sewers, water pipelines, RO plants, and water reservoirs.
• Excellent command of English both written and spoken.
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with close attention to detail.
• The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives.
• Strong team working capabilities. Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
• A proactive approach, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
About Stantec Inc
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success. Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place, and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.