Stantec Dubai is currently seeking an Assistant Resident Engineer with a mechanical background on a construction supervision project on FEWA involving water pipelines, RO plants, and water reservoirs.
The Assistant Resident Engineer will be required to:
• Lead and supervise a team of multi engineering disciplines staff and contractor within the contract period.
• Implement methods for dispute avoidance and resolution study.
• Proactive acumen and an ability to manage multiple sites.
• Effectively evaluate technical proposals and their constructability, technology deployment, solving the technical site problems that may arise during construction.
• Evaluate and monitor the progress of the Works in accordance with the submitted Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) along with the Cost Breakdown Structure and Resources Breakdown Structure.
• Oversee all environmental protection aspects of the construction and operation of similar size sewerage projects.
• Ensure Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
• Review and justify the material submissions, analyze laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing, and quality measures, ensuring compliance with the project’s specifications.
• Prepare QA/QC plans and have the ability to lead and motivate a project QC team, write clear, brief, and accurate technical reports.
• Prepare construction project monthly valuation.
• Prepare Site Instructions and Variation Orders.
• Assess and evaluate Contractor’s Claims.
Mechanical Assistant Resident Engineer (Water Infrastructure)
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university
• 15+ work experience ideally with an engineering consultancy.
• Experience working on water infrastructure, TSE, networks, water pipelines, RO plants, and water reservoirs.
About Stantec Inc
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success. Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place, and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.