Stantec is currently seeking a Resident Engineer for their operations in Dubai.
The Resident Engineer will support the Construction Manager and take accountability for design management and implementation with the primary responsibility to the client for on-site delivery of time, cost, and quality performance of a large scale tunnel construction project.
The Resident Engineer should have extensive knowledge and experience in project execution and implementation sewerage and drainage projects. The candidate must have full and complete knowledge of the existing infrastructure in Dubai.
• Responsible for reviewing the design proposals, work program, material submittals, method statements, shop drawings, payments, variation orders, and claims, etc.
• Effectively manage the site supervision staffs during construction & ensuring the works are being carried out according to the Contract specifications.
• Ensure monitoring of the quality of materials and workmanships installed, operated, and maintained.
• Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
• Liaise with Client, Project Management, and Contractor for resolution of project issues, in addition to concerning Authorities when required.
• Strong understanding of operation and control philosophies of surge protection devices, capable to review & approval of Contractor submittals for hydraulic studies & calculations, pumps, surge vessels, control valves.
• Supervise, review, monitor, and report on progress.
• Ensure the site safety practices
• Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports
• Familiarity with conditions of the contract, quality assurance.
• Liaise with client, co-ordination with Governmental Organization and other Consultants/Contractors
• Consistently adheres to and enforces internal Company processes and policies such as business and contracting rules.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills.
• Works in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies
• Degree in Structural Engineering, from a recognized University.
• Chartership or other engineering accreditation is required.
• Minimum 15 years of GCC and demonstrable experience in all aspects of supervision and construction of sewage network projects, particularly in stakeholder management and coordination. communication to build, manage the reputation of the project, maintain goodwill, and understanding between project’s parties and stakeholders as well as the public.
• Strong design experience.
About Stantec Inc
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success. Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place, and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.