Stantec is looking to hire a QA/QC Engineer to support a large office building complex that will accommodate the Client’s administration and operation employees. The project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
Key accountabilities for this position include:
• As required by quality control program manual, perform activities such as audits, preparation of company standards, notification to management of quality problems, etc.
• Provide administrative and technical direction to all quality control personnel – includes personnel administration and resolution of technical problems.
• Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and contacting supervisory personnel.
• Supervise and administer safety/first aid and rescue squad activities including work assignments, personnel administration, staffing, training, etc.
• Oversee the conduct of work area surveillance inspections, property damage, and personal injury investigations.
• Oversee the documentation of all accidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions/activities.
• Review documentation to ensure all required records and reports are complete, accurate, and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required.
• Accompany all safety, health, and insurance inspectors on tours.
• Assure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Experience developing and maintaining a safety program at a hazardous site
• Ensure adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• ISO 9001 certified auditor an asset
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
• 10 years related experience, with a minimum of 5 years experience on QA/QC duties in Buildings-related operations.
• Middle East experience preferred.
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with close attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills.
• A customer-focused approach, possessing impressive communication skills.
• The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives and the capabilities to meet tight deadlines.
• A proactive approach, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
• Be of the highest caliber: punctual, attentive, and competent in adhering to Stantec policies, procedures, and working practices.
• A flexible approach to working hours and travel.
• Construction and site experience a must.
About Stantec Inc
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success. Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place, and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.