3 – 8 Years
Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
Basic – Bachelor of Science(Chemistry)
We are looking for a Lab Technician for UAE.
This opening is purely a contractual basis) for an Esteemed Project based in Abu Dhabi (UAE).
Aspiring candidates must have proven skills & expertise as per all the specifications listed below.
The candidate will be required to provide adequate evidence on the Qualifications / Certifications mentioned on their CV’s.
The Terms & Conditions, Salary Package & other remunerations will be discussed during the time of Interview & prior to the final offer made to the selected candidates. The mobilization cost & visa will be covered.
Closing date of application – When filled
Knowledge and Skills
Lab Technician shall be capable of performing the following duties ::
• Perform quantitative and qualitative laboratory tests and analysis of gas/liquid /Solid in accordance with the established testing methods and instructions.
• Collect the routine special gas, liquid, and solid samples from the plant, and some special liquid samples using international accepted standard sampling procedures.
• Perform special tests in the plant, such as Dew point and Oxygen in gas and dissolved oxygen and free chlorine in water samples.
• Receive sample list and document the test analytical results using the computerized Laboratory Information System (LIMS).
• Assist in implementing BMS in conformance with the Company’s HSE and international Standard and practices.
• Analyse, compute and record sample test data and results, using computer-controlled laboratory apparatus and instruments in conjunction with LIMS.
• Report any operational issues in handling the equipment and any instrument operating faults and apparatus damage to the immediate shift supervisor to take the necessary remedial action and maintain the business process.
• Prepare and standardize chemical reagents, used on a daily basis, for laboratory tests.
• Segregate lab chemical wastes and dispose of them in a suitable Waste Disposal Container.
• Update the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for Lab chemicals and products.
• Plan and arrange for the calibration of testing equipment as per the set schedule. Prepare a record of all calibrations.
• Maintain a list of expired chemicals as per the specified standards. Arrange for proper disposal.
Desired Candidate Profile
Minimum Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor of Chemistry or Technical Diploma in Chemical Engineering with minimum 4 or more years of relevant experience in carrying out laboratory tests, within a large industrial plant, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
• Strong working knowledge in all testing techniques and analysis results and preparation laboratory reports.
• Strong working background in analytical chemistry and failure analysis.
• Awareness of Chemical Hazards.
• Knowledge of HSE procedures & practices.
• Knowledge of applicable UAE laws and regulations.
• Planning and organizing, scheduling and coordinating, checking, examining, and recording.
• ISO/IEC 17025 awareness and ISO 9001.
About SGS Gulf Limited Careers
Established in 1878, SGS Gulf Limited is a Dubai-based organization, which known to be one of the foremost inspection, testing, verification, and certification companies on the globe. Being renowned for providing quality services, the company has over 80,000 employees, who’ve majorly assisted it to operate a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories across the globe.