‘What you will do
The Solution Architect will be reporting directly to the Lead Solution Architect. You will be part of a team that is focused on harnessing the power of the cloud, data analytics, the Internet of Things, and user design thinking to deliver on the promise of intelligent buildings and smart cities that connect communities in ways that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
As a Solution Architect, you will work with customers & partners to conceive, design, and implement technology solutions and map the business requirements to systems/technical requirements to ensure they are in line with the enterprise architectural plan. Partner with business and technology leaders at Johnson Controls and with our customers to help them pick the best technical architecture to solve their business needs.
How you will do it
As an experienced Solution Architect, you will be using your technical expertise to review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications (BRS) to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future ICT capability. Develop, test and implement technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes.
* Drive implementation and delivery of large-scale enterprise customer projects
* Provide technical leadership to coordinate, prioritize and deliver solutions
* Enable customer commitments while providing leadership on platform evolution and maturity
* Understand service inter-dependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
* Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
* Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plan clearly
* Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization, and assist the sales personnel in the qualification of customer needs and performing pre-demo needs analysis, generate product demo scripts & scenarios
* Strong hands-on experience with technology and skills in communication, negotiation, and project management to enable the success of critical projects. Also need to work closely with Product Managers in their feature areas to ensure that customer requirement are thoroughly understood and reflected in future product releases
Desired Candidate Profile
‘What we look for
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics /Instrumentation
* Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience working with Cloud technologies (Azure/AWS)
* Minimum 2 years of experience working with Event-Driven Design/Internet of Things/Serverless applications/Containers
* Minimum 3 years building RESTful services in a micro-services architecture
* Minimum 3 years of experience working with PaaS solutions on Azure or AWS cloud
* Minimum 3 years of experience working with SQL/NoSQL databases
* Experience working with GraphQL APIs
* Experience with the design and development of object-oriented systems, developing solutions, and integrating, extending, and contributing to Open-Source software
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, across all levels and environments
* Fluent language skills in English.
* Azure Cloud Certifications
* Experienced with developing software in C#.NET, Node.JS and Angular
* Experienced in architecting Cloud environments, including Azure or Amazon AWS, Data serialization systems
* Experienced in designing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
About Johnson Controls
Efficiency is a hallmark for Johnson Controls—and has been since we commercialized the very first electric thermostat more than 130 years ago. But today, the need for efficiency has become a matter of tremendous importance; we’re here to help. We’re focused on creating smart, data-driven products, solutions, and services. We design systems that optimize control of your facility’s environment using sensors and artificial intelligence to reduce energy consumption and overall operating costs.