We are looking for an individual who will further enhance our strong sports provision at JAS. This post would ideally suit a ‘Gap year” Student.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks Administrative
Arrange and confirm fixtures, according to facility and resource availability.
Assisting with the organization, planning and running of events such as Sports Day, Sports Awards, House Competitions, Health Day, Dubai 30/30 Fitness Challenge and Open Evenings
Attend and participate in staff meetings and training.
Liaise with the site team for PE requirements.
Create and update PE noticeboards.
Assist with promoting sport at Jebel Ali School through social media, reviews to SLT, and reports for bulletins.
Work with and assist teachers across all key stages.
Support with preparation of equipment for lessons.
Support lessons during staff absence.
Run clubs under the guidance of teachers, across KS2 and KS3, before, during, and after school.
Attend fixtures with JAS staff across KS2 and KS3.
Assist with admin regarding team sheets and arrangements for fixtures.
Be willing to take on extra responsibility to assist/0fficiate sports teams/fixtures.
Audit and stock the PE equipment cupboards.
Assist with the PE orders and organizing new ones.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent.
- Effective knowledge of, and use of ‘CT.
- Experience working or volunteering in a sports environment.
- Maintain good working relationships with all colleagues.
- Able to follow instructions from the line manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive and often demonstrates initiative.
- Well-developed sporting skills.
- Interest in working within an educational environment.
- Sport-specific coaching qualifications.
- Lifeguarding experience.
- Basic First Aid experience.
- Experience working in the education sector.
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding policies
- Prior experience in swimming, football, rugby, netball, or basketball.
- Keen sportsman/woman.
About Jebel Ali School
Jebel Ali School is an evolution of Jebel Ali Primary School which was originally built to provide education for the children of expatriate workers involved in the construction of the largest man-made port in the world. It opened its doors on September 22, 1977, and has since seen a varied and exciting life. When the port construction project was complete, the village was handed over to the Government of Dubai, but Jebel Ali Primary School remained under the control of its Board of Governors.