• Read specifications and pre-planning job (Sequence of job, manpower, equipment).
• Develop & review project risk analysis.
• Develop Fabrication plan and build strategies in order to formalize the optimum utilization of yard equipment and resources
• Participate in organizing the cutting, fabrication and installation sequences as per the priority in line with engineering inputs.
• Develop detailed completion program with manpower loading.
• Review Dimension Control / Fit up inspections reports and guide the team for necessary proceedings to give the best fit for welding.
• Co-ordination of work progress with Project Manager, Owners representatives, Other trades and within the department.
• Develop / review manpower request and target report prepared by foreman / Sr. Foreman
• Provide work done reports, descriptions and field reports to Invoices / Estimators.
• Follow and report work progress.
• Liaise with department planning section for Productivity measurements as applicable
• Maintain Project file up-to-date as directed with all supporting documents.
• Proactive participation in identifying errors and effective reporting through NCIR system
• Train, motivate, appraise and provide feedback on training requirements to uplift the skill of subordinates
• Attend training for activity required by the department.
Desired Candidate Profile
Thorough knowledge in various types steel works, steel structures and welding procedure specifications
• Diploma in engineering
• Extensive familiarity with fabrication & welding works with at least 8 years of experience as lead Foreman or Supervisor
About Dry Docks World - Dubai (LLC)
Over the past 36 years Drydocks World-Dubai has become a leading provider of marine and offshore services to the shipping, oil, gas and energy sectors. Conceived as an ambitious project under the guidance of H.H. Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum the late Ruler of Dubai, the yard is strategically located in a rapidly developing region of the world.