Stantec is looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor to support a large office building complex that will accommodate the Client’s administration and operation employees. The project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
Key Duties and Tasks:
• Experience in all facets of quantity surveying including cost planning, quantity take-off, preparation of bills of quantities in CESMM format, estimating, tender and contract document production, report writing, claim evaluation/ negotiation, general post contract administration, valuation of variations, agreement of new rates, Taking Over Certificates and Defects Liability.
• Assistance Project Managers on commercial matters
• Assistance in preparation, submission, and agreement of interim payment applications to maximize the company’s cashflow
• Co-ordination to ensure contractual requirements are complied with
• General commercial management of sub-contractors
• Accurate and efficient measurement, identification and measurement of variations
• Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims
• Placing sub contact orders and agreement of subcontract final accounts
• Ensuring that income from interim applications is received on time
• Liaison and co-ordination to ensure the financial report is timely and accurate
Collaboration and working as part of a team
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Work under the direction of the Technical Lead;
• Conduct field inspections under the supervision of the Technical Lead, and Client Engineer representative.
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and projects.
• Good communicator.
Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
Other duties as requested from time to time by the Resident Engineer
• Bachelors of Science in QS from a recognized University.
• Professional Qualifications; e.g. MRICS is an asset
• Minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience, preferably 5 years of experience in the Middle East
• Should have extensive experience in the preparation of cost estimating, project whole life cycle costing, Net Present Value (NPV) calculations, budget cost estimates, cost-benefit analysis, detailed tender estimates, CESSM3 format bill of quantities (BoQ) and Schedules of Prices (SoP), etc, development of unit cost matrices, etc.
About Stantec Inc
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success. Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place, and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.