IN CHARGE OF CARRYING OUT THE DAILY ACCOUNTING ACTIVITIES
– Files all General Ledger Reports
– Empties public telephones of coins; deposits and records all money
– Issues and receives all house floats in order to safeguard and control funds distributed to employees for hotel use
– Ensures all house banks are counted on a monthly basis and counts submitted to the Financial Controller to action all discrepancies accordingly
– Performs surprise float counts for Front Office on a regular basis
– Ensures all money and checks are deposited intact with the bank by a nominated security company
– Ensures the accuracy of the content of deposit envelopes
– Maintains own float at the statutory amount
– Updates foreign currency exchange rates used in the hotel
– Checks and processes the monthly authorized payroll
– Checks and processes the monthly rank and file pay-roll, ensuring that employees are authorized in compliance with the hotel’s policies
– Prepares and calculates final pay Accountant 2
– Analyzes pay-roll reports, to report discrepancies and take action accordingly in cooperation with the Human Resources Manager
– Prepares and submits all required pay-roll journals for month end
– Reconciles and prepares the pension fund administration
– Ensures that correct deductions are made through pay-roll for advances, season ticket loans etc.
– Prepares pay slip
– Maintains accurate and up to date employee payroll files.
– Maintains accurate vacation records.
– Maintains accurate sickness records.
– Supports Front Office in their preparations of manual invoicing following check-outs.
– Verifies menu price versus banquet price lists and special menus.
– Checks extensions, footings and pricing of all items noted on the banquet invoice and beverage acceptability and compares to the event order.
– Notes discrepancies on the banquet discrepancy reports and forwards information to the Sales Manager Conference & Banqueting for follow-up and approval.
– Verifies that banquet room hire charges are correctly allocated for VAT purposes.
– Completes the general cashier summary and post cash journal.
– Verifies bank deposit slips against total deposits.
– Reports over and short deposits and investigates discrepancies, completing cashier over and short book to balance cash over and short with the General Ledger.
– Reconciles tips paid and payable with the General Cashier’s Summary.
– Reconciles and controls the operation of the hotel’s bank accounts.
– Checks foreign currency receipts against deposits.
– Verifies foreign exchange gain/loss.
– All bank accounts must be reconciled by an employee independent of cash receipt and disbursement function. Therefore, the Accountant will only be allowed to use his or her signatory right in emergencies.
– Complies fully with the set financial reporting deadlines as outlined in ECOMAN and by the Financial Controller.
LAWS, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
– Follows all applicable laws relating to general accounting practices and tax regulations
– Follows all guidelines and dead lines as outlined in ECOMAN
HEALTH AND SAFETY
– Ensures that all cash is secure at all times
– Ensures that guest details and accounting information are not disclosed inappropriately.
– Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
– Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy and employee confidentiality.
– Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
– Reports any suspicious behaviour of employees to the Financial Controller and Security Accountant 3.
– Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
– Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations.
– Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
– Works closely and proactively with all Departments.
– Trains and supports employees with the end of shift reports.
– Attends meetings and training required by the Financial Controller.
– Assists colleagues when needed.
– Informs and updates the Financial Controller on problems and unusual matters.
– Ensures familiarity with in-house facilities to assist guests and promote sales.
– Ensures guest satisfaction by performing duties such as attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and promptly
– Accepts flexible working schedule when necessary for the hotel’s uninterrupted service.
– To always be updated on:
– Hotel facilities and special promotions.
– Marketing promotions.
– Laws relating to own field of responsibility.
– Performs required duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner to achieve the overall objective of the position.
– Union agreements.
– Stays abreast of current and new industry technology relating to function.
– Maintains a favorable working relationship with employees and colleagues to promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
– Projects a favorable image of Radisson SAS Hotels & Resorts to the public.
About the Company
About Accor Hotels
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
Welcoming and taking care of others is part of our Group's DNA. In an unprecedented context of sanitary crisis, Accor has taken proactive measures to ensure the safety and well-being of its employees, candidates, clients and partners, including with the creation of the ALL Heartist® Fund devoted to help Group employees and individual partners affected by Covid-19. Accor has also launched the ALLSAFE Cleanliness & Prevention label in our hotels, incorporating some of the most stringent cleaning standards & operational protocols in the world of hospitality. A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.