WAITER / WAITRESS
Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas. Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas. Takes orders for, serves (where applicable, prepares) food and beverages to guests as per the hotels standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
– Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
– Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
– Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
– Filling in for absent staff as needed in any of the F&B department within the hotel.
– Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc, Without egg etc.
– Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads
– Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
– Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
– Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
– Close the shift on the POS terminal.
– Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
– Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
– Must have some familiarity with basic cooking knowledge.
– Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
– Taking guest feedback and encouraging guest to share their feedback on our social media platform e.g. Trip advisor, Trust you etc.
– Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
– Work as a team to get all the job tasks completed in any given time.
– Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
– Properly open and pour beverage at the tableside.
– Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
– Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
– Other tasks that are assigned
– Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal; knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
– Pro-active and energetic with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
– Trustworthy with attention to detail and high levels of accuracy in their work.
– Ability to multi-task with prioritization skills.
– Knowledge of the products/items selling in the outlet.
– Proficient in the use of Micros.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
WHY WORK FOR ACCOR?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality.
About Accor Hotels
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
Welcoming and taking care of others is part of our Group's DNA. In an unprecedented context of sanitary crisis, Accor has taken proactive measures to ensure the safety and well-being of its employees, candidates, clients and partners, including with the creation of the ALL Heartist® Fund devoted to help Group employees and individual partners affected by Covid-19. Accor has also launched the ALLSAFE Cleanliness & Prevention label in our hotels, incorporating some of the most stringent cleaning standards & operational protocols in the world of hospitality. A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.