As a Hostess with Accor Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable first impression for guests of our restaurants and lounges, making them feel welcome and valued.
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, “gateway to the sea” boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
– Consistently offer a professional, friendly greeting and engaging service.
– Understand the Server’s tasks in the outlet.
– Assist guests regarding food and beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way.
– Understand shift end reports in the outlet and the POS system.
– Have knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods.
– Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards.
– Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Previous service experience an asset.
– Previous Point of Sale System experience an asset.
– Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
– Highly responsible & reliable.
– Excellent communication and organizational skills.
– Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
– Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
– Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
– Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
– Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling.
– Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
– Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Living and working in Abu Dhabi : Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
About Accor Hotels
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
Welcoming and taking care of others is part of our Group's DNA. In an unprecedented context of sanitary crisis, Accor has taken proactive measures to ensure the safety and well-being of its employees, candidates, clients and partners, including with the creation of the ALL Heartist® Fund devoted to help Group employees and individual partners affected by Covid-19. Accor has also launched the ALLSAFE Cleanliness & Prevention label in our hotels, incorporating some of the most stringent cleaning standards & operational protocols in the world of hospitality. A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.