Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. Bartenders will be responsible to prepare and serve drinks to customers. Able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations. He/ She should follow all the approved recipes in the hotel for beverages. The purpose of this position is to interact with the hotel guests and ensure they have a great experience at the Bar or lounge.
A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo – Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Bartenders should maintain positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner. Bartender is responsible to maintain the bar inventories / ordering and all maintain all hygiene protocols.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Warmly welcoming every guest and establishing a professional connection by respectfully interacting with them and understanding their needs
– Check identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of products.
– Mix drinks and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes.
– Prepare non-alcohol beverages.
– Service beverages to guests.
– Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
– Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
– Ability to Sell or influence others for up selling and suggestive selling.
– Keep the bar counter and work area neat and clean at all times.
– Provide guidance to guests on resort activities, dining options and general resort and Regional information.
– Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol and if required refusing any further serving on a polite way.
– Ensure bar always will remain clean and tidy during the service and after the service.
– Clear ashtrays as and when required.
– Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
– Perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.
– Maintain beverages’ inventories and consumption.
– Provide recommendations and suggestions to guest for choosing Drinks and Snacks.
– Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
– Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
– Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
– Perform other duties as and when assigned by the hotel management.
– Serve customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
– Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and Promotions
– Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
– Handle an assigned house bank and follow all cash handling procedures as per hotel standard.
– Prepare inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
– Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
– Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking and other languages are advantages.
– Good personality and Positive interpersonal skills required.
– Other duties as assigned
– Social and outgoing person, with a passion for service
– Excellent communication and organizational skills
– Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
– Highly responsible & reliable
– Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
– Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
WHY WORK FOR ACCOR?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality.
About Accor Hotels
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
Welcoming and taking care of others is part of our Group's DNA. In an unprecedented context of sanitary crisis, Accor has taken proactive measures to ensure the safety and well-being of its employees, candidates, clients and partners, including with the creation of the ALL Heartist® Fund devoted to help Group employees and individual partners affected by Covid-19. Accor has also launched the ALLSAFE Cleanliness & Prevention label in our hotels, incorporating some of the most stringent cleaning standards & operational protocols in the world of hospitality. A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.