The Duty Engineer will be responsible for the daily operation, repair and maintenance of the Hotel assets, also the supervision and scheduling of technicians and shift engineers.
What you will be doing:
– Assist the Facility Maintenance Manager in all matters related to the implementation of an effective budget control.
– Must cooperate with the Facility Maintenance Manager in the creation of an efficient and professional Engineering team.
– Assist in every aspect of the operation as requested.
– Ensure Engineering store is correctly maintained and par stock levels maintained.
– To supervise strict adherence to safety rules by all colleagues at all times.
– To prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with work load and priorities for the approval by Facility Maintenance Manager of Engineering.
– Replace Facility Maintenance Manager in all cases of his absence from duty as requested.
– Supervise technicians and contractors under his responsibility for performance, quality of workmanship and attendance at work.
– Conduct departmental training and ensure training program and records are up to date.
– Follows Occupational Health & Safety regulations
– To check wastage and ensure optimum usage of material in the operation
Your experience and skills include:
– Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
– Minimum one year Engineering Trade Course certificate.
– Previous Hotel experience an asset.
– Experience Working in the UAE is an asset.
– Previous Supervisory experience.
– Minimum one year Industrial Training Institute pass certificate in respective trade.
– 3 years hands-on experience working in respective trade.
– Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
– Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
About Accor Hotels
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
Welcoming and taking care of others is part of our Group's DNA. In an unprecedented context of sanitary crisis, Accor has taken proactive measures to ensure the safety and well-being of its employees, candidates, clients and partners, including with the creation of the ALL Heartist® Fund devoted to help Group employees and individual partners affected by Covid-19. Accor has also launched the ALLSAFE Cleanliness & Prevention label in our hotels, incorporating some of the most stringent cleaning standards & operational protocols in the world of hospitality. A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.